Thursday, January 11, 2024

As You Wish...

I moved to Baltimore, MD in 2008. In just a short period of time my friends, many of whom were raised in Baltimore, were asking me about places to go to in the city. While I often post where I am on social media, it is so hard to find a post when you’re hungry, thirsty or just looking for a good time. Friends often text and call me for suggestions. They tell me “You need to start a blog”. I’m also the kind of person that has a story wherever I go and I would love to share those stories.

So as you wish (as Wesley from The Princess Bride would say). I have started a blog.

I have taken pictures everywhere I go in Baltimore so I have a lot of content that I will post in random order. 

What you can expect from this blog is:

  • I will post at least weekly of one place to eat, drink or go to for fun. 

  • Each place/event will have its own post ( you don’t have to search through the 5 Best Crabcakes to find a crab cake, but as my content grows I may reference multiple places in one post-like a "Cheap Date Night" post).

  • I will share my personal story about my experience and maybe give you some history (I will try to include links in case you really want to get into it).

  • I will start each blog post with a TLDR (too long, didn’t read) so you can get the highlights because my stories can get out of hand, but I hope you will read the rest.

What you won’t get from this blog is:

  • Negative commentary. My intent is to share my love for Baltimore. My hope is that you decide to experience something I write about for yourself.

  • Stories about my cooking, travels, deck pictures, and other personal stuff, like Airbnb Hosting stories (I know they are so funny). You can follow me on my personal socials for that.

  • Details on what is going on in Baltimore on a specific day or “this weekend”. Why, you need that the most. The explanation is below.


I am an avid listener of NPR. Stay with me, I said I had stories. I heard Julia Hartz, co-founder and CEO of Eventbrite, on How I Built This with Guy Raz say (at about 20 minutes in), “no one has solved local event discovery” . This is Eventbrite’s next goal and I’m in full support of it. I’m so tired of looking on social media and thinking why did I see this awesome thing after the fact. How did the City Paper do it back in the day? I guess without social media, you didn’t know what you were missing.


This blog is a passion project for me and I have let go of all expectations. I'm completely motivating myself, but I won't be mad at any positive comments below.


#heartcitylife sunset from my deck






16 comments:

  1. So thrilled to see your passion come through. We’re all better for it. Wishing you success. πŸ™πŸ½❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And I, for one, need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can give you something you need. Welcome!

      Delete
  3. This is amazing!! Looking forward to this blog as a new baltimore resident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kim. I love this. I’ll be sure to pass along to all my new to Baltimore clients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, didn’t mean to post anonymous (it’s Amy Sheinin)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing. That is awesome.

      Delete
  5. Yay, congrats on starting this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is EVERYTHING to an old foodie in a new city. I'm here for it! This will be the quintessential source because you have your finger on the pulse of this charming city. Congrats KimπŸ₯³

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read about the places I would be if I wasn't already in my pajamas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great! Can't wait to tell my newly-moved-to-Bmore team member to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to watch this grow, to learn new things and expand my own experiences of the City. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete